No n-resident workers are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand unless they are a citizen of Australia or the United Kingdom.  

If you are a non-resident then you will be liable for the full costs of medical treatment.  We therefore strongly recommend that you have medical insurance for the duration of your visit. Below follows a list of companies which may be of use to you:

Health Insurance

Ensure your families / partners have adequate coverage.  To find out more visit: or HSWS.  This organization offers six months free insurance cover to Lakes District Health Board employees.

Work Aon manages work injury claims on behalf of Lakes DHB.  They can be contacted through their freephone number: 0800 185 400 or their postal address is PO Box 3879, Auckland.

14/08/2009 3:17 p.m.
Desiree Edwards